Flowers are the epitome of beauty. They hold the smiles of heaven and inspire us to live every single day in positivity. From bouquets, clothing, to the most important event, blooms have always been a part of our lives. As a universal stunner, they can be incorporated in almost everything!
With the rapid evolution of technology today, it’s no wonder that most people can’t keep their hands off their phones. So why don’t we do something about it and incorporate blooms in our most used gadget?
Here’s how you could spice up your phone case by making use of blossoms.
- Freshly picked flowers
- Hard plastic phone case
- Clear glue
- Printer paper (2pcs.)
- 1 Disposable Paint Brush (small)
- Resin/Hardener Kit
- Wax paper
- Popsicle Sticks
- Heavy books
- Bring out those heavy books you’ve tucked in your bookshelves.
- Prepare freshly picked flowers you want to use in decorating your phone case. If you love to use roses, but can’t find some from your garden, you can have a bunch of flowers delivered right to your doorstep with no hassle.
- Cut the stems of your flowers the shortest possible.
- Get two pieces of printed paper and completely flatten out your cut flowers between them.
- Insert your “paper-flower-paper” sandwich into the middle of one book and close it. To make sure that the flowers will be flattened evenly, get your other book and pile it above to add weight to your pressed flowers. You can also place more books on top of the pile if you feel that the weight isn’t enough.
- Set your pressed flowers aside for about a week or until dried off completely.
- Gather your pressed flowers and visualise the design that you want to create.
- Use a wax paper as your surface to avoid a mess on your table.
- Use tweezers and clear glue to stick your flowers on your plastic phone case.
Mixing and Coating
- After you have finished putting the flowers in place, follow the instructions carefully on your resin kit and start mixing using a popsicle stick.
- Once you’ve done mixing, work quickly on coating your design with resin.
- Get a paint brush, soak it in the resin mixture and use it to coat the entire back of the phone case with resin.
- Regardless of your initial finish, the resin will make your phone case look shiny.
When your resin has completely dried off, you will see that the flowers have a clean finish.
You can also check out this video for detailed instruction.